- Students are expected to attend school every day, arrive on time, and attend every scheduled class.
- When questions arise about attendance parents may contact the school.
- When students are expecting a program correction, they must follow their current program until they receive the official notice of change.
- Upon return to school, the student must bring in an authentic note with parent/guardian signature and contact information.
- Notes should be given to Ms. Julie Mercado (Educational Para).
- Students are expected to attend every class for which they are scheduled.
- When students are present in school but absent from class they are considered “cutting” and will serve detention. Continued offenses may lead to further discipline.
- Cuts result in a phone call home and after-school detention.
- The third cut will result in penalties up to and including suspension.
- Students are expected to arrive at school at least 15 minutes before their first period begins. It is wise to arrive by 7:45 a.m.
- Students who arrive after 9:00 am will not be allowed to visit their locker and will store their belongings in the first floor closet.
- Detention for lateness will be given on the 1st of each month as follows for the previous month:
- 5-9 times late = 45 minutes
- 10-14 times late = 1.5 hours
- 15-19 times late = 2 hours
- 20+ times late = 2.5 hours
Detention is held daily in the library from 7:00 am to 7:55 am, Tuesday from 2:45 pm to 4:30 pm (if you have a 9th period class, you will need to arrive at 3:16 pm) Wednesday from 2:45 pm to 4:30 pm and Fridays from 2:45 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Frequent lateness will result in a Student-Parent conference with Ms. Rios.
- Qualifying students will be issued MetroCards in September and February.
- If students lose a metro card they must go to Ms. Ríos’ office (Rm 210B) to request a replacement MetroCard during their lunch period or at the end of the day.
- It is the students’ responsibility to pick up their replacement MetroCard from Ms. Ríos.
EARLY RELEASE FROM SCHOOL
- Students who must leave the building due to illness or for an appointment must be picked up by a parent or other adult that is listed on the emergency blue card. Only students 18 years and older can leave on their own with verbal consent from a parent/guardian.