- I am a current parent and am not in the school’s email database. How do I subscribe?
- My child has just been accepted to Bronx Science and I would like to be added to the school’s email database. How do I subscribe?
- What are some key services that Bronx Science provides for students?
- My child has been accepted to Bronx Science, however we haven’t been on a tour of the school. Will you offer any other tours?
- What is the procedure to follow if a student is absent?
- What is the procedure if a student needs to leave school early on a particular day?
- How do I contact the School Nurse and where is the Nurse’s Office?
- How can I find out who my child’s guidance counselor is?
- How does my child replace a lost ID?
- How does course selection work for current Bronx Science students?
- How does course selection work for accepted Bronx Science students?
- When will students receive their schedule for the new school year?
- What school supplies are needed when school begins?
- How does a student obtain breakfast and lunch at Bronx Science?
- What is The New York City Department of Education’s Policy on cell phones, ipods, and other communication/electronic devices (including laptops)?
- How can my child contact me or how can I contact them during the school day in case of an emergency?
- How does my child retrieve a confiscated electronic device?
- What is the Dress Code at Bronx Science?
- When does the school day begin and end (Bell Schedule)?
- What is Small Group Instruction/SGI?
- How can I find the tutoring schedules for the academic departments?
- Does Bronx Science have a weekly test schedule?
- How do I contact my child’s teachers?
- I have been trying to communicate with my child’s teacher and have not been successful. What can I do?
- What is ARISTA?
- How does a student participate in and document Community Service while at Bronx Science?
- How do I find out about teams’ tryouts?
- Does a student need to join the Bronx Science Student Organization (S.O.)?
- What clubs do you have at Bronx Science?
- How do I keep up with current Bronx Science information?
- How do I find information about Bronx Science computer accounts, email, Naviance, the online gradebook?
- Where is the Lost and Found?
- How does a student obtain Working Papers?
- Does Bronx Science have a summer program?
- What is Incoming Students Summer Orientation for accepted students?
- How do I know if school has been canceled or delayed due to adverse weather conditions?
- What is the role of the Parent Coordinator at Bronx Science?
- How can I find out about the Bronx Science Parents’ Association?
Please do not submit the Current Parent online form. Once your child is accepted, visit the Parent Coordinator’s webpage where you will find a link to an email submission form for parents of accepted students (this is a temporary email database and will become inactive when your child begins school in September). Shortly after your child is accepted, s/he will receive an Accepted Student Packet, which will contain the Blue Data Collection Form. In September, the email address you have entered on the Blue Data Collection Form will be the one used by the school.
Click here for information
We will have an open house for accepted students and their parents/guardians once students have been notified of their results (usually end of February, beginning of March).
Visit the Attendance Office website for procedures to follow if you are absent and to download the Absence Form
Student needs to complete an Out of Building (OB) pass that has been signed by the parent/guardian. The OB pass must be handed in to Mrs. Scipioni in Room 029 before the student’s first period class on the day the student needs to leave early. To download and print out the OB pass, click here
Click here for the Nurse’s contact information. The nurse’s office is located in room 049B
Click here to see the list of Official Class Assignments by counselor. Incoming students will be assigned a counselor at the beginning of their first school year at Bronx Science
Photo I.D. cards are scanned every time students enter the building (all students enter and exit through the Student Cafeteria). If students lose their photo I.D. they can request a replacement when they enter the Student Cafeteria in the morning. The cost of each additional I.D. is $5.00. Students must carry their I.D. at all times.
Students register for their courses online using Naviance. Click here to view our currentCourse Guide
Accepted students complete the Biographical/Academic Form (found in the Accepted Student Packet students receive shortly after they have been accepted into Bronx Science) to indicate the courses they are interested in taking in the Fall. In addition, accepted students will take placement and optional qualifying exams at the June orientation, which is held during the day of Chancellor’s Conference Day.
Check our website toward the end of the summer for beginning of school year information
Students should bring a pen and notebook on the first day of school. When they meet all of their teachers, they will let the students know which supplies are needed for each class.
Click here for information
If there is an emergency and parents/guardians need to contact their child during the school day, they can contact the Parent Coordinator, their child’s guidance counselor or the main office: 718-817-7700
If students need to contact their parents, they can use the phone in the main office (room 135) with the permission of a teacher or school staff member
Click here for information on how to retrieve a confiscated device
Click here for information
Click here for the our bell schedule information and information about Small Group Instruction (SGI)
Students who begin after the first period do not need to be in school until their first period class begins. Students who end before the last period of the day are allowed to leave the building once their last class/SGI has ended
All students must enter the building through the cafeteria and swipe their Bronx Science ID cards
Click here to read about Small Group Instruction (SGI)
Click here to check each department’s tutoring schedule
Click here to view each department’s weekly test schedule
Through our online gradebook
Phone – you can contact the teacher’s department office and leave a message
Note – you can send a note with your child including your contact information and the best times to reach you
Contact the Assistant Principal of the teacher’s department
Contact the Parent Coordinator who can help facilitate the communication
Click here to read about our chapter of the National Honors Society
Students can volunteer in Department Offices. Stop by the Department Office and speak with the Assistant Principal
Students can volunteer in the Main Office, Guidance Office, Library etc.
For information on how to document in-school/outside of school service credit, visit the ARISTA website
Click here to visit our Athletics webpages where you will find tryout information etc.
All Bronx Science students are members of the S.O. Click here for Student Organization information
Click here for Student Organization Clubs information
Our website is updated regularly so it is an excellent resource to keep up with current information.www.bxscience.edu
Remind your child to check his/her Bronx Science email account every day:
- All students are given an email account when they enter Bronx Science
- Accepted students will receive their email account username and temporary password in the mail, shortly before the June orientation
- If your child needs a password reset during the school year, click here – over the summer your child needs to email email@example.com
- Login to your online gradebook account – incoming parents will receive an email with login information at the beginning of the new school year
- Make sure your child has registered you in her/his Naviance account
- Make sure the Attendance Office has your latest biographical data (address, home phone, emergency contact info etc.)
Visit the Management Information Systems (MIS) department webpages
The Lost and Found is located in the student cafeteria.
Click here for information about Working Papers and to download an application – visit the Bronx Science homepage, under “Daily Announcements” for further information
Visit our Summer School Questions?
A two hour orientation for students only during the last week of August. At the orientation, incoming students will receive their locker assignments and combinations, the student handbook, meet the principal and others who can answer questions, learn how to navigate the school, become familiar with a Bronx Science program, understand Bronx Science schedules, including the first day, and receive their Bronx Science ID card
The schedule for the Incoming Students Summer Orientation will be posted on the Bronx Science website and emailed to students and parents
Click here for detailed information
Visit our Parent Coordinator’s webpages for detailed information.
Visit their website at www.bxsciencepa.org